Sunday, September 12, 2010

The Beginning

This is going to be rough. It's Day One of my quack-decreed gluten-free diet and already temptation is pressing in from all sides. Until this morning, I was the Lehigh Valley's most accomplished baker and consumer of authentic French financiers. Now denied them, all I hear is the siren song of the little cakes' crisp buttery exteriors and delectable marzipany insides (sadly achieved through the lavish use of now-forbidden wheat flour). In addition, the cruel fates have decreed that in a few short days, Just Desserts will debut on Bravo, my go-to source of guilty TV pleasure. JDs is guaranteed to be a veritable paean to gluten gluttony, fairly aburst with gateaux and tortes, crepes and cobblers.

Concerned that I may lose the will to live, I've decided to blog about my upcoming trials and tribulations, musing on recipe discoveries and cereal substitutes along the way. Note to self: must come up with an alternative financier recipe ASAP.

No comments: