Saturday, March 19, 2011

Cheese and Cocktails

Everything is in readiness for my gala Caribbean Cocktail and Cheesemaking Convention. I have on the premises:
  • 1 fresh bottle of Galliano
  • 1 bottle of Gosling's Black Seal rum
  • 1 bottle of Bacardi  Gold
  • 1 bottle of common garden Bacardi Superior
  • 1 bottle of Bermuda Banana Liqueur
  • a few cartons of fresh orange and pineapple juice
  • 1 jar of house-produced falernum: heady, spiced, and indescribable 
  • 3 gallons of raw milk from contented Jersey cows
  • various cheesemaking accoutrements, including lipase, rennet, and citric acid


It seems only fitting that I should celebrate my new quack-mandated lactose-free condition with some home-made ricotta and mozzarella, the most lactose-rich products imaginable. After all, what's life without a little danger thrown into the mix?

Gotta go - I think I hear the Diva now!

No comments: