Friday, June 17, 2011

Erratum

Thank you to the sharp-eyed reader who pointed out that, were I to duplicate Floyd's Top Chef Master-worthy dish of upma with braised mushrooms, I would be violating the quacks' standing orders and inviting the wrath of the gluten gods.

Upma is, in fact, made from semolina.

I blame Bravo's editors, who in their weird menu-speak designated the dish upma polenta. Naturally, given this description, I assumed that the Indian breakfast/snack food was made from corn meal like grits, mielies, or putu (or polenta, for that matter). It looked a lot like polenta, too, albeit the creamy soft stuff from the eastern part of Italy, rather than the stiff mixture from Rome and the west - hence my confusion.

I also blame my NyQuil-addled brain, which is never at its sharpest when in the throes of a common (though fearsome) cold.

I still feel like death warmed up.

I'm sorry Floyd's comfort food of choice is off the menu.

That's just what I need right now.

No comments: