Friday, July 8, 2011

Surprise from Sir

Friday has become delivery day a chez Fractured Amy. Last week, I was the recipient of thirty shiny new Weck jars, which arrived just in time to save me from sinking into black despondency after my camemberts went belly-up. I must admit, however, that since I ordered the jars myself, their fortuitous appearance on my front porch was not entirely unexpected - although no less welcome for that.

Today, however, as I pulled into the driveway after work (in the pouring rain, I might add - it has barely stopped tipping down all week) there was another shipping carton there to greet me. Whatever could it be?



I nearly put my back out hauling it into the house. The reason for this was soon abundantly clear: the shipment weighed upwards of fifty pounds!



I opened the cardboard flaps and peered inside.



More flaps!


Beneath them, a tantalizing clue.


Be still my heart. Could it possibly be ...


It is! I examined my new treasure from all angles ...


... and marvelled at its beauty.


I found it a place to call home ...


... and revelled in having become a member of The Club.


More details to come as I peruse the wisdom within: in less than five minutes, I've already discovered a full-page glossy photo of an elegant tapeworm; four pages of detailed instructions on how to cook a hard-boiled egg; and a lengthy discussion about curry varieties (including an extensive genealogy with footnotes and sidebars).

Sheer bliss.

But how I am going to find the time to go back to work?

No comments: